To enjoy one of our expeditions you should be physically fit and active in order to be comfortable riding outdoors for extended periods. In particular your back and legs should be strong and move freely. You should also be reasonably competent as a rider - meaning that you should able to walk, post to the trot and canter quite happily, and without requiring assistance. You should be able to mount and un-mount unaided and to saddle up your horse correctly if required.
We provide forward going and willing horses for the more experienced rider who enjoys fast riding. Steady horses are always available for those who prefer to travel in a more relaxed fashion.
Conditions for trip participation:
- You need to meet the the minimum riding level advertised for each ride by the time it departs. You could put in some riding practice before the trip, for example, if you book well ahead of departure.
- In the interest of animal welfare horses cannot carry riders weighing more than 95kg on any of our rides.
- You will be asked to sign our responsibility waiver form before getting on any horse.
- We must have received full payment for the trip by the start date.
- If you do not have an insurance policy covering riding injuries and emergency repatriation you need to bring a valid credit card to cover your expenses in case of any accident. We strongly advise you to take out insurance for any riding holiday.
|"A"||A novice/beginner who barely rides|
|"B"||Reasonably confident and competent. Can walk, trot and canter quite happily|
|"C"||An experienced rider able to control a horse at all paces and who enjoys fast riding|